Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Card Game: War

Such a simple game, I just realized it was one I could teach Eli to practice "which number is higher" idea!  (if you're not familiar with it, you can read the general rules of the game HERE) We played with three players and even four would be good, vs only two players.  He caught right on, even with the Jack-Queen-King thing.  Ace was a little tricky to remember, but whatever.  Fun was had!  Though we did play for only awhile {not completion. IS there completion to that game??} because well, it's kind of a boring game.  But still, fun way to practice numbers, different from Uno!

3 comments:

  1. There is completion to the game, but it takes fooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :-) When one person runs out of cards. Aiden and I have tried to get there many times, but have never done it. Usually, the cleaning fairy "accidentally" forgets to leave the piles on the coffee table, and they get put away. Oops. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that game! When I washed dishes at the local bar & grill in my hometown, we would play this to pass time until we got busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I know there's SUPPOSED to be a real end to the game, but whenever I played it years ago, it literally could go on and on for an hour or more! The card pile just kept transferring back and forth between the two players!

    ReplyDelete